NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
So here I be, having resigned myself to change the FP this fair day.
To reiterate=> in this thread=> the IGN switch, relay and pump itself were suggested as the most likely culprits...and like the subject says:
Nope, nope and nope.
Once I cleared away all the stuff and accessed the top of the FP the real villain here became too obvious:
That horribly absurd intermediary connector between the wiring loom and the FP body itself (the one with the square plastic and 4 round connectors) had shattered at some point, and the PO had used what (?) to fix it ????
Well guess what=> it fell apart, the conectors were loose, oxidized, carbonized, and that was quite enough thank you.
Separated the mess=> gave 'em a good squeeze or three and then worked 'em to clean the krap off - and Presto!=> running Aero again.
So, my spare FP will stay with me for now as well as the needed tools, but once that stooopid bit of wiring is replaced I suspect it'll be A-OK until the next (actual) FP needs to be installed.
As we say around heah:
JEEZUM CROW !!!
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, vtsnaab , Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:21:01
- Running fine & ready for next time too !, vtsnaab , Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:16:17
- Follow up=> nope, nope and nope. Sheesh., vtsnaab , Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:44:03
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, T. Christopher, Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:13:25
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault ?! Woof !!!, turbosaab , Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:18:25
- Re: crazy-making intermittent fault no start, BobS, Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:40:08
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.