NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I partially agree. I guess though one needs to be careful, eg for the oil screen in a 9-5... the screen is finer than the screen in the 9000 and it can get clogged if the oil is not maintained carefully along with everything else in the PCV system. However, the screen size was chosen to protect the oil pump from damage, as the one in the 9-5 is less robust than the one in the 9000. So just increasing the hole size may at some hole size prematurely cause the pump to fail. One needs to have a complete understanding of the system to properly engineer a solution. A DIY approach may tackle the problem with insufficient information.
That said, not all engineering is done well, as your chair that tips over suggests. That is a simpler system that many people with basic physics knowledge could easily re-engineer properly. So I guess my point is it kind of depends on the situation, and especially as more devices become complicated with more sensors and automation, it does make hacking them to work better more of a challenge!
Posts in this Thread:
- Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, TG, Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:37:14
- "more than a fridge, it's the family hub", cheaptech , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:38:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, John Q. Smith, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:14:21
- is the pump dead? That's an easy fix., Notnoel , Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:15:18
- Re: Hey, Tom g , Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:58:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Tom g , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:32:501
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:31:54
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Dennis_MA , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:26:52
- Bosch +1, DnstrDan , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:15:46
- Bosch... but..., ELaw , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:13:19
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Snowmobile , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:52:22
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? i like bosch !, neil dale , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 15:15:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.