So, the government offers at most a 7500 rebate for ANY electric/hybrid vehicle (prius, leaf, volt) depends on how much income tax you are paying. So you need to go through everyoneâ€™s tax returns to figure that out over the past several years. Cause guess what this was being done BEFORE the VOLT was offered.
All because GM got bailed out doesn't mean it was solely because of subsidizing the volt.
Nissan leaf, prius, and volt are the prices they are regardless of the 7500 rebate.
That is how much they are. they rebate offers the ability for more people to afford them so we can use less oil. So the car companies can recoup quicker to allow the development to continue.
So now I am going to start on you.
First, how much money have we given the oil companies over the years? 2011 $53 billion that was for ONE year. GM/Chrysler bailout 80 billion. They have REPAID $53 Billion. Still OWING 27 billion.
When do the oil companies repay us for the subsidies they get over the years. NEVER.
Second, how much do our wars over in the middle east cost us in order to ensure our oil supply will remain over the years? Trillions of dollars. How much money do we give to those countries to remain friendly. You honestly think we invade IRAQ for WMD or Terrorism? SAADAM is on the record despising terrorist. Where is the proof they had WMD? We been there for over 10 years now. Still no prooof.
Secondly, if you actually knew the history of the car it started being developed in 2004 and was scheduled to be released in 2010. So it was NOT an obama or green thing for obama administration. It was in the final stages by 2008 when Obama was elected. But you are not big on facts.
Third, how much subsidy did I provide for your bank or your mortgage company? 892 BILLION. For them to CRASH the market sky rocket unemployment.
Finally, I didn't need a new car, I am American and think this is necessary as part of our future. I took on an additional $400 payment a month with higher insurance and taxes because I am an american and have the best interest of my country in mind. I feel people should put their money where their mouth is whenever possible. It was possible for me with the support of my hubby.
I bought it because OIL IS FINITE and if you think it is infinite you are on a different planet. Do you realize HOW MANY Products are made from Oil. Not just gas or home heating oil but actual Products?
I bought it because we need to bring back innovation in this country, and we need to support our own country companies. We new the new industry boom it will either be green energy or biomedical.
I bought it because I don't like seeing troops die to supply our over indulgence in oil. I don't like foreign countries dictating our politics.
And i bought it for the environment.
Atleast this actually gave back to Americaâ€™s future, it kept jobs here. It spurred jobs in Michigan where they are hurting with the creation of Battery City.
More importantly it is the step into the future instead of keeping the statusqou and letting other countries like China pass us by.
So, now if you read that and say I am full of crap or you donâ€™t believe it with all the questions I raised and points I made. then I know you truly weren't asking a question. You were trying to feel superior and cater to your ego. I say go play somewhere else. I have no interest in giving your opportunity to stroke your ego in an argument you think you are winning based off non real or incomplete facts.
posted by 173.48.5...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Saab brand said to be final hurdle in bankruptcy sale, JohnA , Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:54:58
- SWEDEN: Saab to hire 200 engineers; name doubts linger, JohnA , Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:37:14
- Re: Saab brand said to be final hurdle in bankruptcy sale, JohnA , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:09:52
- Press conference at 1pm Swedish time, Kristjan, Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:48:42
- Looks like SaabsUnited is down, JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 04:07:58
- They are back up, confirming NEVS as the buyer, JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 04:31:30
- Re: They are back up, confirming NEVS as the buyer, Snowmobile , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:01:15
- I'm afraid Saab is done..., jeff in MD, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:17:41
- Give it a little time and see..., MI-Roger , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:17:31
- Re: I'm afraid Saab is done..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:26:34
- They may not have the Saab brand name yet, JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:46:38
- Yeah sure..., ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:31:04
- How is she liking the Volt? nm, JohnA , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:40:16
- Re: How is she liking the Volt? nm, ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:55:02
- Re: How is she liking the Volt? nm, ALaw, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:21:22
- Thanks for this great write up..., Noel , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:40:27
- Mrs. Law, pleasure to meet you, Siegfried, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:10:37
- question..., Snowmobile , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:30:36
- Re: question..., ALaw, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:07:40
- Re: question..., ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:53:05
- New Saab must solve, Kristjan, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:40:14
- The real question is..., JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:37:52
- Tss!, Siegfried, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:51:10
- Turbo was not as risky as this, JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:16:26
- Turbo WAS risky and Saab must be honored for that, Siegfried, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:47:27
- I have seen The Wall, JohnA , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:41:32
- Far from "everyone", JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:56:01
- Not for everybody but there is a niche, Kristjan, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:09:16
- A very small niche indeed, JerseySaab , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:22:42
- niche vehicles, jeff in MD , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:18:24
- Re: niche vehicles, ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:10:06
- hardly, jeff in MD really, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:25:23
- Re: hardly, ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:59:12
- Re: hardly, jeff in MD really, Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:14:38
- Hmmm..., ELaw , Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:08:49
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!